Tuesday, May 22, 2012

As you can tell from the pictures, the coop is coming along nicely.  Good thing, since the girls move in in less than 2 weeks!  I didn't know we were going to tile the coop and nest boxes until Bud came in to tell me he needed help.  Ok, "help" turned into "guess what, you get to learn how to lay tile."  It was the peel and stick kind and I didn't do a half bad job.  Granted, there are some teensy gaps between some of the tiles but it's a coop!  And my first time tiling!  But now the coop will be easy to sweep out and mop if necessary.

The chicks are busy running amok.  Four of the Orpies come running up to see me every time I go in the chick room.  Most of the time I'm not wearing shoes (if the weather's warm, it's rare to see me in shoes at home) and they love pecking at my toes.  Sometimes they'll stand on my feet too.  FYI, chicken toes are rather warm.  I went in to see them this morning before work and they started pecking at my dress pants!  Ok, time for mama to go.

My mother in law's doxie, Bella, has fallen in love with the chicks.  She comes over almost every day for a visit and she's really good with them.  Sometimes one will wander over so she can sniff them and she just about dies from all the bliss.  My dog, Hershey, is a bit spooked by them though.  The first time she met them, one of them flapped her wings and Hershey freaked.  Maybe it'll be better once they're in the coop.  Bella will get to see them all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment