Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Forte is a pecker.

No, I'm not trying to start something with Bears fans, nor do I have a gripe against one of their players.  I mean Forte the chicken.  I went out to feed the gang this morning, dressed in my oh so fashionable chores clothes - pink t-shirt, pj bottoms with big peonies all over them, my bright green rainboots and a gray hoodie (ok, I slept in everything but the boots & hoodie).  Somewhere, the Fashion Police are sobbing.

I started filling feeders and of course Tweetie (aka "Chickzilla") had to dive right in.  She didn't want the cup in her way so she started pecking at my hand.  Umm, that cup is what's getting the food into your feeder - now quit it!  Then I felt somebody pecking at the top of my boots.  Yep, it was Forte.  I thought she wanted attention.  HA!  She nipped at my hand and started to go after the pj bottoms.  Yeah, like I want to be pantsed by a chicken first thing in the morning.  For some reason, they all hate those pjs and of course I love 'em.  I guess I have to get somewhat properly dressed in the morning before I go let 'em out of the coop.  Or maybe I just need coordinating jammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment