Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What do chickens eat?

No, I'm not just now figuring that out!  I know they get starter stuff until they're old enough to start laying, so it's "baby food" until this fall.  Geez guys, give me a little credit, I did read more chicken books than baby books!  Seriously, I only read "What To Expect When You're Expecting" when Logan was on the way.  I have 2 chicken books alone on my Kindle, plus a pile by my bed.

I mean other stuff.  Greens are a big hit.  Dandelions, creeping Charlie, no-name weeds, it doesn't matter.  They go after them like a PMS-ing woman at a chocolate store.  So I decided to expand their diet.  I raised a picky eater kid, I don't want picky eater chickens.  I tried bananas the other day.  Nope.  I put it out before work and it was still there after work so it went in the compost.  I tried bread this morning and nobody seemed interested.  So much for chickens eating everything!  At least they seem to be "morning people".  I don't think I could handle having to make coffee for the chickens every morning and my luck, they'd only want Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment